At Ruislip Gardens Primary School, we aim to create a happy, safe and secure environment, where all members of our school community (pupils, parents, staff and visitors) are healthy, enjoy learning, achieve their potential, respect and value each other and themselves.
We are fully committed to promoting inclusion of all children, whatever their age, ability, gender, race or background. We believe that the teaching and learning, achievements, attitudes and well-being of every child in the school is of the utmost importance.
Ruislip Gardens Primary School works hard to ensure that all children receive quality first teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum which meets their social and learning needs. As part of high quality teaching all teachers constantly assess every child’s attainment and progress and support is provided for children who may be underachieving to help them achieve their full potential.
Ruislip Gardens Primary School is an inclusive school and committed to providing equal opportunities for all children. As a school we are happy to discuss individual access requirements.
Adaptations that the school has successfully made have included:
- School clubs, educational visits and residential trips are available to all children.
- When necessary the school will make reasonable adjustments to ensure that children with SEN and/or disabilities are included in all activities.
- Specific resources to support their SEND (e.g. sloped desk, a footstool, a Workstation, a laptop, a piece of software, etc.)
- Fitting handrails to the stairs to assist a child with mobility problems.
- Fitting a lift to enable children with mobility problems to access the building and to be able to access both floors.
- Fitting a disabled toilet upstairs and down to ensure that pupils who need access to a disabled toilet can use one nearby, wherever their classroom is positioned.
- A toilet adapted for disabled users by the school office.
- Wide doors in some parts of the building.
- Auxiliary aids or services to prevent them being at a substantial disadvantage (e.g. assistance from a sign language interpreter, lip-speaker or deaf–blind communicator, extra staff assistance, readers for people with visual impairments, translator)
Some children may need further support during their school life and early identification is crucial. Children may have a range of needs such as academic, social and emotional, behavioural or physical, or speech and language needs. Children with SEN are placed on the Special Needs register to ensure their needs are fully met. Their progress is reviewed regularly and if their progress is sufficient that they no longer need support they are taken off the register. Our Inclusion Team are skilled professionals and can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click here to read our SEND Information Report which outlines the commitment the school makes to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. This should be read alongside other relevant school policies and the Hillingdon Local Offer.
Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
If a child has severe complex needs their parents or the school can apply for an EHC from the London Borough of Hillingdon. Parents who require information about this procedure should contact the Inclusion Team.
As Headteacher I would like to welcome you all to our school. Ruislip Gardens Primary School is a very special place. Visitors comment positively about the school, from the children’s behaviour and their enthusiasm to the staffs ongoing commitment and dedication. We understand the power of education and take very seriously our duty to give your children the best start in life. I am personally very proud to be a member of this community.
The school recognises the value and uniqueness of each individual child and adult at Ruislip Gardens. We celebrate the talents and gifts of each child and enable them to develop to their full potential spiritually, morally, academically, socially and physically.
Our shared vision “Growing and Achieving Together” underpins all we believe in. Our core values
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment
- Establishing lifelong values
- Developing confident and independent learners
- Inspiring excellence
- Enabling everyone to succeed
show how Ruislip Gardens is dedicated to ensuring we help all our children become successful and happy young people. Their learning and personal development are our driving force.
With support and advice from all our stakeholders we were able to develop Ruislip Gardens 4 Life-long Values:
Each value has a definition, which you can read in the vision and values
section of the website.
I would like to extend an invitation to you to visit our school if you have
not already, where you are guaranteed a warm welcome. Finally I would
like to thank you for your continued support and for trusting us with the
privilege of educating your precious children.