- Each half term, the children will be given a ‘Creative Curriculum Home Learning Challenge’ sheet based on their current topic.
- You must pick at least one challenge each week, but can complete more if you wish to.
- On Monday mornings during soft start, the children will be given an opportunity to present their home learning in their classes. Exceptional pieces will be chosen to showcase during assemblies.
- Each challenge is worth either 1, 2 or 3 points. Children receive more points for gold challenges as they require more effort and take longer.
- Remember to highlight or colour each challenge you complete and record how many points you’ve earned in the tally row.
- Tell your teacher when you have achieved 20 points. 20 points= a prize!
- Remember to read each day to an adult.
- Practise reading and spelling your year groups common exception words.
- Practise your times tables on 'Timetables Rock stars'
- Use the resources section on the school website to find activities and resources to support your learning.
As Headteacher I would like to welcome you all to our school. Ruislip Gardens Primary School is a very special place. Visitors comment positively about the school, from the children’s behaviour and their enthusiasm to the staffs ongoing commitment and dedication. We understand the power of education and take very seriously our duty to give your children the best start in life. I am personally very proud to be a member of this community.
The school recognises the value and uniqueness of each individual child and adult at Ruislip Gardens. We celebrate the talents and gifts of each child and enable them to develop to their full potential spiritually, morally, academically, socially and physically.
Our shared vision “Growing and Achieving Together” underpins all we believe in. Our core values
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment
- Establishing lifelong values
- Developing confident and independent learners
- Inspiring excellence
- Enabling everyone to succeed
show how Ruislip Gardens is dedicated to ensuring we help all our children become successful and happy young people. Their learning and personal development are our driving force.
With support and advice from all our stakeholders we were able to develop Ruislip Gardens 4 Life-long Values:
Each value has a definition, which you can read in the vision and values
section of the website.
I would like to extend an invitation to you to visit our school if you have
not already, where you are guaranteed a warm welcome. Finally I would
like to thank you for your continued support and for trusting us with the
privilege of educating your precious children.